Sunday, August 3, 2008

Open That Checkbook, Lands' End!

I've been biting my lip, holding my tongue, even crossing my legs and in general, keeping my mouth shut concerning Wisconsin's "Favreite" son. Being a Bears fan, I've had my opinion about the on again, off again retirement. Over the course of the last month or so, I've sided with the Bret then with the Pack then back again to Bret and back to the pack. It wasn't until late this past week that I realized how much this conflict could effect me. Rumor has it that the Packers have offered Bret twenty million dollars not come out of retirement. How does this effect me? Well, I'm retired and Lands' End has moved along without me. So, I'm in the process of preparing a letter to them threatening coming out of retirement. Sure they have anew team on board and they have their game in place. I didn't miss a game for ten years (only one short stint on the DL), I ad libbed most of the time and threw my share of interceptions. I'm qualified! Let's just say that I've got an itch to Art Direct. If I can get Eddie Lambert to reinstate me . . . for a large chunk of cash, I will agree to stay retired. I am willing to negotiate the exact figure. I can manage on less than twenty mil. (Quite a bit less) Unless LE comes up with an offer, I will show up a the Annual Warehouse Clearance Event this week. Until they come to their senses and make me an offer, I'll be there everyday working out with the new team, matching them bargain for bargain. If all goes according to plan, my future blogs will be posted from Maui.

"I got the itch to Art Direct again!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always wondered where that chicken came from! He makes his home at my desk now...